I don't get how aVal could output what you are saying it is outputting.
To reference the "No" you would use the XMLText property of the node. Am I
missing something here?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Tepfer, Seth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am having a little trouble parsing this XML file, and could use some
> help. Thanks for any assistance.
> When I say:
>
> <cfset aVal = mydoc.events.event[i].custom_attribute[k].attribute_value>
>
> #aVal#  outputs as:
>
>        No
>

> But if I use an if to check for "No", I never find it, because in reality,
> <xmp>#aVal#</xmp> outputs as:
>
>        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>        <r25:attribute_value xmlns:r25="http://www.collegenet.com/r25
> ">No</r25:attribute_value>
>
> I've resorted to using string functions to parse out all that extra XML to
> get at my actual value. That feels klunky and like the hard way. What is the
> easy way to get to "No" ?
>

> Seth Tepfer 770-784-8487 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Director of Administrative Computing, Oxford College
> Proud Pappa (again): Zyle Caspian, born Thursday, April 17, 2:38 pm. 8 lbs,
> 19.5 inches. Baby Pix at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/

> information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
> prohibited.

Steve Ross
web application & interface developer
http://blog.stevensross.com
[mobile] 404-488-4364 [fax] (404) 592-6885
[ AIM / Yahoo! : zeriumsteven ] [googleTalk : nowhiding ]