What's the latest thinking on CFForms?

I am doing as straightforward master/detail admin form. And, I thought
cfgrid might be a good way to do the master part.

But, I need to be able to apply a switch to filter what the cfgrid shows,
and I'm having trouble seeing how to update the cfgrid's dataprovider and
get data between CF and Flash.

So, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just do this in Flex. CFForms are actually
Flex 1.5, and I've heard Adobe may be lukewarm on making improvements. I
like having all my code together as CF provides, and Flex seems more
complex. But, of course, Flex is also a lot more powerful.

Thanks for any ideas!

   Clarke