From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Josh Adams
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:59 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] RE: Any Open Source CF Options

Just saw your question, Greg; sorry for the late reply...but hopefully
late is better than never given that as well as I can tell no one else
responded.

There is of course no open-source version of ColdFusion, but there are
open-source CFML engines.  None of these engines is equivalent to
ColdFusion; as to whether or not any of them will be sufficient for
running your application, for that you will of course have to test.

But based on what you're saying, I think it's a moot point because
ColdFusion's license accommodates failover configurations.  A ColdFusion
license cannot be used for clustering or any kind of concurrent use, but
failover use is in compliance with the license terms and conditions.
The failover configuration must of course be properly licensed (so let's
say you have a single ColdFusion license and you're using it on a server
with 1 or 2 CPUs; you can failover to a server with 1 or 2 CPUs, but not
to a server with more than 2 CPUs).

Josh