Yep, 1099 is the RMI port. So you can change either JRun or JBoss, of
course. In the case of JRun, it's something you can set in the jvm.config
([cf]/runtime/bin or [jrun]/bin), or in JBoss it's something you can change
in the jboss-service.xml.

You can find more on this specific issue, and how to solve it in CF, in the
CF installation manual, where it's discussed with respect to deploying CF on
J2EE: http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/installj2ee_15.html. The
problem is described in the context of enabling the LiveCycle DataServices
ES feature. Is that what you're working with?

It's a funny coincidence but I'm sitting in this week on a JBoss
Administration class at RedHat HQ (they now own JBoss), preparing to be able
to teach it to CFers who may want to make the move to running CF (or Railo
or BD) on JBoss. I won't belabor the details as you may just change CF/JRun
instead, but if you do want to change JBoss instead, the jboss-service.xml
is in the "conf" directory of your server, in whatever mode you're running
it ("default", "all", etc.), so if running the "default" mode, it would e in
a directory like C:\jboss-4.2.3.GA\server\default\conf\.

Hope that's helpful.

/charlie