Here's another of the old notes that didn't make it...

From: Charlie Arehart [mailto:careh...@carehart.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:12 PM
To: 'discussion@acfug.org'
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] weird cfinput vs input stuff. date is shown as
{d '2009-02-12'} vs 02/12/2009

You make a fair point, Dawn, on the value of doing SS validation, and CS if
only to help the user (those the "reams of JS" in this case are written by
CF, and really not that much code created anyway).

But to clarify, since you wrote in reply to my note and say "this is why I
never use it", I want to repeat that the problem Ajas is tripping over is
one that would happen to anyone who used _date as the suffix of a form field
name (because CF trips over that thinking it's the old style SS validation).
But I will grant that if he had not used validate="onserver", then yes, he
would not have hit this issue,  for the fields that do not end in _date.

/charlie