From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Wes Byrd
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 1:42 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] ColdFusion and MySQL

That's very odd considering I have several Windows 2003 servers all running
CF8.  These servers host about 200 different websites using CF8 that ALL
connect to a separate dedicated MySQL server.  Some of the sites connect to
a MySQL 4.x service and others MySQL 5.x.  All of these sites connect via
the provided MySQL 4/5 driver in the CF Admin.

The "Maintain connections across client requests" is apparently a default
option as this is set on all of my datasources.  Perhaps this is why I never
see this problem.  So, as I have many sites accessing a single database
server all with this option configured. where is the problem with this?  I
don't see any real "performance impact" because of this option being
checked. ???

Wes Byrd
CIO, Dynapp Inc.  678.528.2952 ext 601
 <http://www.dynapp.com/>