I wanted to post a short note to the list about June's ACFUG meeting topic.
 This will be the same presentation I gave this year at cf.Objective().
 Mainly, it's about the "independence" process that many of us find
ourselves wanting to explore.  It's about the path from Employee to
Contractor to Business Owner and is based on conversation
after conversation I've had with various folks in the technology community
who have gone out on their own.  It's about the many ways people start their
own business, what they needed to get started, what problems they face.
 It's not just for people who want to start their own massive empire, it's
also for folks who wonder what it's like to be a contract employee and what
types of things you will need to consider.

Lastly, with the smaller group at ACFUG, I see this meeting being a little
more of a back and forth discussion around this and less of a "lecture".
 Though I will have my slides from the cf.Objective() talk, I am very
interested in hearing from folks during the meeting about things they have
done right or wrong in their own quest to own a business or go out on your
own in other ways.

Also - the slides from the cf.Objective() talk are online on my blog if
you'd like a preview...

http://www.sumoc.com/blog/post.cfm/cf-objective-talk-small-business-ownership-for-geeks

-Cameron

--