Like John said, try increasing perm size. I see you are not limited by 32
bit system to you can allocated more than 2gb memory of jvm memory as well.
Not sure what you have right now.

Also, have you considered FusionReactor or SeeFusion monitoring tool. Its
amazing how much these tools help you out. You can get a trial for 10 days
to see what happens or what request is running etc.

As for JVM memory monitoring, first thing that comes in my mind is
http://visualvm.java.net/ visualvm. There are several others as well

<Ajas Mohammed />
http://ajashadi.blogspot.com
We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are.
No matter what, find a way. Because thats what winners do.
You can't improve what you don't measure.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention,
sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents
the wise choice of many alternatives.