 From: Charlie Arehart <char...@carehart.org>
To: discussion@acfug.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:23 PM
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Unable to invoke CFC error when the Flex part
tries to call a CFC

I’ll save Cameron (or others) from a reply. :-) Charles is not something they
can “disallow”. :-) It’s not a server proxy, but rather a client one. You can
use it (and tools like it, including some built into browsers) to track the
requests made from a given web page, whether to components like images, js, and
css or those made via Ajax or Flash Remoting, as Flex may do.

I have a blog entry with more on the concept and such tools:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2012/3/20/builtin_browser_proxy_sniffer_tools

And as I mention there, I have a list of such tools here:

http://www.cf411.com/proxy
And I also point to a classic article on why they are so useful. I’d argue that
every web developer or troubleshooter should know how to use at least one of
them, even if only that built-into their favored browser.

Whether it will help for this particular problem of yours, Chris, is another
question altogether. :-) But it could help give clues.

/charlie