Dear all,

the last few months have been a bit of a whirlwind.

Shad has sadly advised that he needs to step back from Koozali SME due
to overwhelming commitments.

In the first instance I would like to say what a huge loss this is for
us. Shad has been the mainstay of the distro for longer than most of us
care to remember, and without his tireless work and support it may well
not have survived.

I am sure you will join me in extending our heartfelt thanks for all his
work over the years, and good wishes for the future.

In light of this, Shad felt that the best way forward for the distro
would be to move to our own independent hosting.

As a result, Daniel and Jean Philippe have been working feverishly with
Shad on this over the last few months, and we are pleased to say we have
now moved from the existing infrastructure at Clear to our own servers.

We will be maintaining the wiki, forums, bug tracker etc in their
current form.  Once the move is completed and all services are stable we
will start planning a migration to a Koozali branded website.

There may be teething problems e.g. currently the wiki is not right
currently. Please let us know if you spot anything not working correctly.

At the same time Ian Wells has also had to step down from the Board due
to work commitments. This is another huge blow for us.

Ian has also been a loyal supporter of the distro for a very long time,
and without his phenomenal work we would never have got Koozali SME v9
out. A true inspiration for others to follow.

Along with Shad he stood as a founding member of Koozali Foundation and
I hope that the Foundation can live up to the high standards that they
have both set.

I am sure I speak for all the community when I thank them both for all
their efforts over the years and wish them both well for the future.

We now need others who will follow their lead and step up to the plate.

This serves as a salient reminder that none of this happens without a
huge amount of work from a small group of unsung heroes. They do this
freely, in their own time.

They really need your help.

Open Source is not a one way street - it needs people to give back in
one way or another, be it with a financial donation to help pay for the
infrastructure, or with your time.

http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Server:Volunteering

If you want fixes released more quickly, then help
find/triage/fix/verify a bug. If you want new toys for your server, help
with contribs.  You don't have to be able to code to verify bugs, and
we'll help you.

Help on the Wiki. There are masses of pages that need work, be that
spell checking, formatting or even creating. A great place to learn more
as well.

Or hangout on the forums regularly and try to help others.

Whatever you do, do something. However small it may be.

If you want to help, then do please contact us either by joining on the
devlist http://lists.contribs.org/mailman/listinfo/ or catch some of us
on IRC at freenode #SME_Server.

Or make a donation here :
or follow the 'Donate' Link from the main page of the wiki.

Once again, I personally want to thank Shad and Ian for all their work
over the years, and their help and support with the creation of the
Koozali SME Server Foundation. They will be sorely missed, but I do hope
that they keep a passing interest in the distribution.

B. Rgds
John Crisp

President, Koozali Foundation