On 06/05/2019 17:58, Joe Awni wrote:
> I think it is absolutely important we avoid censorship in any
> communication in any form.

I think that's something we can all agree. Well, at least on this
mailing list ;)

What seems to be the root of disagreement sometime though, is how we
define censorship and how do we distinguish it from moderation of people
who have repeatedly displayed abusive behavior and chose to personally
attack people they disagree with. Tolerating intolerant people [1]
eventually leads to censorship, since many people will avoid speaking up
if they don't feel safe or be exhausted by the level of toxicity.

I don't speak in any official capacity here, but I personally believe
that such people should not be welcome in this community. Furthermore,
people who try to keep "equal distances", because they happen to agree
with some arguments, all they do is just enabling these type of toxic
behavior.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance