On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 12:08:59 +0200
Samuel Lelièvre <samuel.lelie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You might be interested in William Stein's notes on turning a
> Pixelbook into a development environment with Crostini and CoCalc.
>
> https://cocalc.com/share/7e3d9d776c51474c4b81a8864f7595a8df2427c6/chromeos/?viewer=share

That is interesting, but I think it results in another ChromeOS sale
and looks like you're always running under it, similar to how one can
shoehorn a GNU/Linux environment onto a kindle keyboard.

I am not sure whether that is better or worse than buying an Android
tablet, liberating it as much as possible, installing one of the
GNU/Linux subsystems and pairing it with bluetooth keyboard/mouse. Has
anyone any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
--

MJR http://mjr.towers.org.uk/