Am Dienstag 01 Oktober 2019 11:35:40 schrieb Carsten Agger:
> I got this response from Fairphone:

> *We are currently investigating the possibility of bringing back FP Open
> on Fairphone 3.*

Cool, thanks for having asked this.
(The more people are seriously interested and let them know,
the higher the chances.)

> It is still possible to install alternative operating systems on our
> Fairphone 3 (advanced users can unlock the bootloader - but this voids
> the warranty
> <https://www.fairphone.com/en/legal/fairphone-3-warranty/>!)

> the thing about voiding the warranty if you unlock the bootloader is
> /not good enough/.

And the short statement is missleading, as I wrote on the 26th
  https://lists.fsfe.org/pipermail/discussion/2019-September/012907.html
the warranty for the hardware must still be there.

Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute