> Why do you say "Trisquel, what an absolute P-A-R-O-D-Y of its own mission it
> is now" ?

partly due to ted being a fictional alter ego, and mostly due to political
differences around systemd.

i happen to think its the single worst thing that has happened to gnu/linux,
though not the worst thing that will happen nor the worst software that will
ever be included.

deeply narcissistic developers who are openly against the user having choice,
raving fanboy lunatics cheering them on, but if i wanted to have my computing
more-or-less dictated by ibm and software developed on microsofts own servers,
i would just use windows.

i happen to think that the sole requirement of something being free software is
the license-- ive defended that recently, the way you make a program into free
software is with the license. the rest is optional.

that is with the very substantial caveat that to remain free, people need to
defend it against coordinated attacks on freedom:
http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php/Librethreat_Database

note that "ted" wrote a much longer list, based on the handbook for destroying
the free software movement.

trisquel has given into such attacks, and imo is no longer defending freedom.

of course i dont expect you to agree with that. after FIVE YEARS of fighting,
when id rather be promoting debian (alas, a great loss) im used to people
taking a long time to come around.

if so, youre in good company-- daniel thinks the anti-systemd crowd is nuts.
hard to imagine why, when systemd rode in on everything the bad changes at fsfe
came with. i bet he wont comment, but even if he does, im sure we would only
reach an irritating stalemate and go back to talking about something else.

 trisquel was my first fully-free distro, and probably half the reason i
learned to code in python. I EVEN MADE A SCRIPT that replaced systemd in the
trisquel live iso with upstart, then created a second live iso. of course
upstart isnt going to be supported in the future, so thats hardly useful.

but its the apathy that makes them a parody. apathy and denial. i switched to
debian when it was possible to have a fully-free debian system, and fully-free
debian is what i promoted until 2015.

yes, there are non-free repos. i didnt typically enable those. for me, turning
software installations into fully-free installations is one of the better
things free software can do. its what hyperbola is doing now, and what trisquel
thinks its doing and certainly used to do.

but like i said, i dont expect you to agree. trisquel has the blessing and if i
dont think theyre as free as hyperbola, who cares? freedom is about consensus,
and agreeing with whats good no matter how strongly and fundamentally you
disagree, after all.