Title: Manual synchronization
Just remove the sync to IP at your carpsettings before changing things at node1 if you are unsure and enable it again after you are sure your configuration of node 1 is ok. This way you can just power down node 1 if you have badly missconfigured/totally destroyed it and the node 2 will take over with the old configuration. Syncing should be (and stay) automatic imo.

Holger
-----Original Message-----
From: Amorim, Nuno Alexandre (ext) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 12:43 PM
To: discussion@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense-discussion] Manual synchronization

I've made an error while creating a rule that made me lost web connection to the node 1 of the firewall. Then, because of the automatic sync, I lost the connection to node 2. :)

So, I think that one could choose if the sync is manual or automatic. Create some rules on one node, test them, and if they work, sync to the other node. This could be done by a "Sync now" event.

What do you think?

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit