On 8/18/06, Heath Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Did you use any special setup with this?

I'm using a stock RC2e box and my setup has been holding good
since RC1.

The only missing feature is that when a WAN link fails, the default
gateway is not automatically changed.  This causes things like dns
forwarder, ftp-proxy, ntpd, etc to fail.  I have a script that changes
default route when wan fails.  It's customized for my setup, so
I don't know if you'll find it useful.  Let me know if you want it.

I am currently building a 4 Nic setup.

2 Broadband Connection, 1 DMZ and 1 LAN.

Any pointers, I have to setup VOIP on this at some point.  New to this
setup, have worked with IPCOP in the past.  This looks much stronger though.

I've not tried traffic shaping yet.  I don't know how well it works with
multiple interfaces and such.  I'm sure there are others on this list
who can comment.

I mucked around with Linux/IPTables before I settled on OpenBSD/pf.
Now that I'm on pfSense I've never been happier.

- Raja