If it works in FreeBSD 6.2, it'll probably work with pfSense.  I do
know that HP DL145's work perfectly on FreeBSD 6.2 (including the
lights out management board which I have concerns on with the Sun
box).  We ended up buying the DL145's (100+ units) cause Sun took two
months to get a unit to us (we purchased instead of requesting an
actual eval cause we had a number of groups trying to test it out).

--Bill

On 6/4/07, Eugen Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 05:45:41PM +0200, Rainer Duffner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think I would go for the equivalent Tyan Barebone (GT 20 derivate with
> Nforce4 chipset).

Since you seem to be based in Germany, any good sources to purchase
that barebone, and a matching CPU to go with it? Oh, it's only got 2 NICs.

The point of the X2100 M2 is that's it's cheap (though no longer 620 EUR),
comes with a useful LOM, and 4 NICs.

> The status of the nve(4) is a good question - but in either case, there
> should be room for a PCIe Quad GE card.

...which would cost probably as much as the entire barebone. I dunno...

> I've got one of those GT20s as Nagios-server. I don't use the nve(4)...

Anyone else here running a X2100 M2 with pfSense, using both the Broadcom
and the nVidia NICs? It seems to be kinda, sorta supported on FreeBSD 6.2,
but can pfSense do it?