Mark, I think you would be best served by option 2 (filtering bridge).
However, as you mentioned traffic shaping may be an issue, I have no
clue if this setup is compatible or not. Even if traffic shaping is
NOT compatible, at least this option is better than option 1 (no
traffic shaping OR filtering). Remember if you use the same switch for
both your LAN and DMZ, use VLANs (or use separate switches).
Otherwise, your customer would be able to access your LAN.

With option 3, you can use 1-1 address mappings. Many VPNs can work
through NAT, for Cisco IPSEC, you can use NAT-T. Windows 2003 also
supports NAT-T for server side although it is not recommended by MS.
Of course NAT is generally only a problem after the first tunnel, if
your customers will run a single tunnel (point-to-point), NAT should
be a non-issue. For a road-warrior setup (point-to-multipoint), NAT-T
would be required. My personal experience with NAT-T is limited to the
client-side.