On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 07:01:48PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> My ALIX just arrived. I've had issues with the 1.2.1 1GB ad0
> image from http://www.hacom.net//catalog/pub/pfsense/

Ok, the issues were probably that it just didn't echo the boot
messages on serial. I took the long route via a 1.2 1GB ad0
image, changing /etc/platform from embedded to pfSense,
rebooting, and then upgrading. The system then still apparently
hung after GRUB prompt, but was available on LAN IP.
I ticked "Enable Serial Console" under System: Advanced functions
and it then rebooted fine. That will teach me.

Changed the /etc/fstab options to noatime:

lix:~#  cat /etc/fstab
/dev/ad0s4a / ufs rw,noatime 1 1
/dev/ad0s4d /cf ufs ro 1 1

I've had no issue with this setup with the original WRAP for
several months now.
Not running many packages, of course, and certainly no squid.

I see there's a 44 pin IDE connection on the ALIX board.
Does anyone know of a SSD which would fit into the standard
Al case? A Transcend 2 GByte I looked at doesn't fit, and
I don't want to wantonly dremel.

> Anyone knows which images work on ALIX? Sandisk Extreme III 1.0 GB
> here.
>
> Oh, and happy new, to all of you.

Counting down. Really soon now.