On 01/10/09 09:37, Matchstick wrote:
Eugen Leitl wrote:
Anyone aware of commercial seller of ALIX with pfSense preinstalled,
preferrably in Europe? A customer of mine needs one, and I'm not
feeling like rolling one myself.

You might want to have a look at Linitx, they do m0n0wall kits and
speaking to one of the guys who works there, they are happy to do a
pfSense embeded version on request.

http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=178&pp=176,178

I've just ordered a Jetway JNC92-330LF miniITX board from them, they do a triple Intel-gigabit-NIC daughter board, and a dual-slot PCI riser.

I'll be putting a wifi card into an adaptor and then into a PCI slot. I can leave the onboard realtek NIC as a spare port for diagnostics or something.

I figure it'll be sufficiently powerful to firewalling and proxy duty on an 8M internet connection and do VPN stuff too without slowing down.

I've never bought anything from them before, but they were very helpful in responding to emails. Prices seemed pretty fair too - the memory was cheaper than ebuyer, and other items were round-about the same as itx-warehouse.co.uk and mini-itx.com; better stock levels too and cheaper postage.

Paul