First question.
We are planning to use PFsense as frontend gateway routing to customers subnets, and in such architecture, we could use pfsense as pure routing device, except we want to protect the "LAN" network. Does the "disable firewall" option exclude completely any NAT or filtering rules, without any possibility to protect the LAN interface?

Second question.
We may have one frontend Internet link doubled on two FE switches (using redundant switches and spanning tree features), so if one FE switch fails, we can have the connection on the other FE switch.

Apart of using a master/slave couple of fw, we are evaluating if to bridge two interfaces, for each FW, placed on both FE switches.

Link --->
   ---> SW1 ----> em0 (pf1-em0)
   ---> SW2 ----> em1 (pf1-em1 bridged to em0)

In such a case, the bridging feature on PFsense, can handle the trick? In case of SW1 failure, can states open on interface em0 work also on interface em1-bridged-to em-0?

I hope I've been clear.
Any suggestion/hint?

Thanks,

Tonino