Hi

I have two pfSense machines configured as cluster using carp, they are
both connected to a layer 3 switch. There are about 10 different
subnets configured on that and each client machine under these subnets
use the switch as its default gateway, and then it routes the traffic.

10.10.0.2            10.10.0.3
---------------          ----------------
| pfSense |  -----   | pfSense |
---------------          ----------------
          VIP 10.10.0.1
               \        /
                \      /
              -------------
              | switch |
              -------------
            /               \
          /                   \
10.10.1.0/24     10.10.2.0/24

The problem is that every time a configuration is changed, I can
access the VIP with no problem from the same subnet of the pfSense
machine (10.10.0.0/24), but for any other subnet the VIP becomes
unreachable.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

If I'm not so clear in my explanation, please let me know.

Thanks

--
Vinícius Coque