On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Scott Ullrich <sullr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Muhammad Panji <sumodi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> > Anyone has experience installing and using pfsens from a flash drive /
> thumb
> > drive? how is the performance comparing to using hard drive? Thank you
> > regards,
>
> For the most part there is no difference in performance.   The
> firewall runs mostly from resident ram once the operating system is
> loaded.
>
> The bootup might take a few seconds longer than a hard drive but once
> the OS is booted no difference in speed unless you are running
> something like squid (which we disallow on flash drives).

Dear Scott,
Thank you for the information. I plan to have identical copy of pfsense on
two thumb drive so in case of the thumb drive failure we can use the other
thumb drive. and if the hardware failed we can move the thumb drive to
another machine.
- We plan to have to have dual connections 1Mbps and 4Mbps(shared) from two
different provider
- VPN both OpenVPN for PC and PPTP (iPad and another mobile devices)
- Perhaps also run a captive portal.
Anyone have similar setup, maybe I could learn from the experience. thank
you
Regards,

--
-----