I plan to come to the General Assembly with my laptop (which has gedit
and AbiWord) and a DiskOnKey for saving the meeting minutes on another
media.

Can someone else please bring a backup laptop and/or a backup DiskOnKey?

(Last time, I carried all copies of the meeting minutes over the
danger-fraught, common cold and flu-infected and carnivore-infested
route via the tropical jungle between the meeting place in TAU and the
ADSL connection at my home in PT, where I could E-mail a copy of the
minutes to other people).
                                           --- Omer
--
Every good master plan involves building a time machine.  Moshe Zadka

I may be affiliated in any way.