Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Well, first of all I should note that the choice was whether to update the
> list on www.hamakor.org.il, or restore the IGLU list, and update it somewhat.
> Restoring the IGLU list was much less work for me.
>
> The problems I see in the www.hamakor.org.il page are:
>
> 1. Is in Hebrew. There are mailing lists whose main language is English, and
> it is possible that English speakers woudl like to subscribe them or
> otherwise learn about them.
>
> 2. Contain only a small subset of the information the original list contained.
>
> 3. Contains only a small part of the lists that are contained there. (And
> apparently only those in the domains of hamakor.org.il).

Well, why don't you fix those problems, then? I'm sure no one will
complain if you put up an English page as well.
> Plus, is there a way to add a mailing list by using meta-data, and let the
> page generate it or do I need to edit the HTML by hand? I generate the pages
> using meta-data and some Perl code.

Shlomi, this is (again) the wrong forum.
> I already have such permissions. (Thanks to Dotan).

I anxiously expect your contributions.
> BTW, is it possible to assign more meaningful URLs to the pages in the
> hamakor.org.il's Joomla than http://www.hamakor.org.il/content/view/17/26/,
> which is pretty meaningless.
Last I checked, you also had permissions to edit .htaccess. I still
anxiously expect your contributions. Mod rewrite really is your friend
here. If Joomla has a better way of doing it, well, you have permissions
over that as well.

Bitching about stuff on open mailing lists is NOT the way to solve
problems. Particularly not problems you have permissions to solve. If
you don't like the way things are, make them better.

Shachar