Very sad news to share from the family of Yoram Gnat, digital typographer
from the Open Source Hebrew font foundry, Culmus. His daughter, Orly,
informed me this morning that Yoram Gnat passed away this past January,
shortly after being diagnosed with Leukemia.

We will post more information about Yoram after we've gathered it for a
remembrance. Yoram was responsible for all of the Culmus fonts shared with
GPL+FE licenses including. (A long list of fonts contributed by Yoram can
be found under his name at <http://opensiddur.org/tools/fonts>.)

He was always responsive to our requests to help with changes to popular
fonts -- adding a bowed head lamed to Frank Ruehl and turning on the niqud
for the "Rashi-script" Sepharadi cursive font. Through his ḥesed in sharing
his work open-source, his craft literally affected millions and we are
extremely grateful for his work.

The Culmus Project continues through the effort of Yoram's long time
collaborator, Maxim Iorsh.

We hope to share more on Yoram's life and work as it becomes available.

May his name and his handiwork be remembered for a blessing.

Aharon

--
A.N. Varady
Director