Jim,

Here is a link that should work (below), as far as the file size the ISO is
less then 2GB so should not be a problem in Windows.

http://distribution.openoffice.org/mirrors/index.html#extmirrors

Have Fun

Bill...


On 12/19/08 12:55 AM, "Jim Michaels" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [sorry keep sending this to the wrong address]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> the extended ftp mirrors (actually none of the mirrors) are not listed on the
> OOo web site, from what I last saw.  I find torrents to be usually slow, so I
> prefer FTP.  My FTP client (filezilla) does a fine job of downloading large
> files.
> 
> downloading large files only becomes a problem on a browser if it gets within
> a few packets of 2GiB in size. then it either gets weird behavior (in the case
> of IE, where it won't download: "HTTP header error", or in the case of FF,
> where it gets truncated).  Linux x64 FF I am told does not have this problem.
> I first learned about this from the OpenSUSE web site.
> 
> I also learned that you cannot make ISO's larger than 4GiB with mkisofs unless
> [?you are using an alpha version and?]  you are using the -iso-level 3 option.
> I discovered that the windows program http://sf.net/projects/cdrtfe contains
> mkisofs and cdrecord for windows and it is free and it has a decent GUI.
> 
> 
> 
> Jim Michaels
> [email protected]
> http://JesusnJim.com
> 
> 
>       




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to