At 03:11 PM 3/25/2008 -0400, Alexander Michael wrote:
>I agree that if every python package provided a
>MSI/DEB/RPM/MPKG/etc., then there wouldn't be a need to install python
>packages without a system-level installer.

Even if they did, there would still be a need.  System-level packages
aren't generally retargetable to different locations, so there's no
way to manage development sandboxes with them, or private application
environments.  Oh, and let's not forget shared hosting.

No, system packages aren't even close to being the answer, for
package authors *or* users.