On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 14:23, Tres Seaver <tsea...@palladion.com> wrote:
> I want *less* stuff (ideally nothing) spelled in imperative Python, with
> some common declarative file replacing both the information currently in
> setup.py and MANIFEST.in.  I thought we were in agreement that
> non-introspectable metadata was a Bad Thing(TM)?
>
>  http://wiki.python.org/moin/Distutils/StaticMetadata

For me, the important part is that it's not spread around many files.
I would also tend to prefer some INI-type file format than python
code. On the other hand, python code offers benefits such as being
able to dynamically change the data depending on things like module
availability and python version, etc.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/