>Subject: Re: [Distutils] [Bug] Failed installation.
>setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.6.exe

>With an explorer go into your python folder Download
>http://effbot.org/zone/python-register.htm into register.py

<-- snip >Put the following code into a file name "register.py"
>#----------------------------------------------------------------------
># script to register Python 2.0 or later for use with win32all ...

>Normally your python will be again registered no matter what may have it made
>not be registered anymore.
<-- snip

Thanks, but I'm afraid it didn't do the trick. Python already exist in the
registry. I compared with other installation, and it seems identical.
Output from the script you posted:

>>> os.system("Python register.py")
*** Unable to register!
*** You probably have another Python installation!
0

br