On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 01:15:05PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 04/01/2013 13:03, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Chris Withers<ch...@simplistix.co.uk>  wrote:
> >>- if a python version is specified, blow up if a different version is used
> >>to run buildout.
> >
> >That's an interesting one no one mentioned. :)
>
> Yeah, buildout-versions is a project I mainly develop 'cos I need it
> not because I want to make the community happy ;-) I hit issues with
> a customer where it turned out the wrong python distribution was
> being used, so I added this to buildout-versions... it is in the
> docs, but I didn't make a big song and dance about it.

It's a useful feature.  We migrated from 2.6 to 2.7 in one project,
which meant everyone had to re-run bootstrap.py with the right Python.
*Of course* some people/CI bots did not do it, which ended up wasting
time chasing strange errors.

I wish I'd noticed buildout-versions had this check before I hacked up an
ad-hoc Makefile snippet of my own.

Marius Gedminas
--
It was the kind of night on which bad novels began.
        -- 1634: The Galileo Affair by Eric Flint and Andrew Dennis