Re: buildout and pip and wheel

"Add support for installing wheels"
https://github.com/buildout/buildout/issues/144

It's been awhile since I've worked with buildout (for Zope 2, Plone,
AppEngine zipimports).

This reads #egg= links from pip requirements files:

-
https://github.com/collective/collective.recipe.pip/blob/master/collective/recipe/pip/__init__.py

This installs packages with buildout and pip (instead of zc.recipe.egg)
into the eggs/ directory. IDK if it supports wheels? (it specifies --egg):

-
https://github.com/k4ml/mk.recipe.pip/blob/master/mk/recipe/pip/__init__.py

... this builds a usable merged namespace with symlinks to eggs:

- https://github.com/collective/collective.recipe.omelette/