On 19 August 2016 at 18:21, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
> FWIW, they can also drop a setup.cfg in their project too that looks
> like: https://bpaste.net/show/90dd1280eba6 and then forget about it, which
> makes it somewhat less painful, since they won’t have to remember to do it
> on a per project basis past the first time. I believe that can also be put
> in ~/.pydistutils.cfg (or w/e that file is again…) to change the default on
> a per user basis.

Good point, that's a much better idea.

> Sure! I have some other things to do today, but I’ll try and figure out
> something a bit more fleshed out for the transition given this new (to
> me) information.

Cool. As I say, it was new to me as well, which I'm sad about as I'm
supposed to be the "remember Windows" voice around here ;-)

FWIW, even apart from the process of simplifying things for PyPI, I
think this is a good move just to eliminate the annoying
platform-dependent default behaviour.

Paul