On Tue, Sep 13, 2016, at 08:39 PM, Steve Dower wrote:
> It would help if you could post the full error output (sanitizing
> paths if needed). But you may just need to upgrade pip (python -m
> install -U pip).

I think Ryan may have typed that command at a Python prompt rather than
a system command prompt. Unfortunately the distinction often isn't
clear in examples, because the experienced developers writing the
instructions are used to guessing which commands are Python and which
are system commands.

One thing I'd quite like to see Python grow is a standard function to
install packages from inside Python. In R, the install.packages()
function is the default way to get third party packages, and I think
staying in one interactive prompt does make things easier for new users
to understand.

Thomas