Donald,

Thanks so much for all of your work on this.

I know it's an old thread, but I've built a tool that generates some
statistics from this information. It queries data for a given list of
projects, or for all of a specific user's projects, caches the data locally
on disk, and generates both a HTML report with a bunch of graphs, as well
as download badges. For my own use, I'm running it cron'ed from my desktop
once a night, and uploading the reports and badges to a public Amazon S3
bucket.

The project is: https://pypi.org/project/pypi-download-stats/

Example output:
http://jantman-personal-public.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/pypi-stats/awslimitchecker/index.html

It's a bit rough around the edges, and currently doesn't have any unit
tests - my hope is that this will be an interim solution until Warehouse
has built-in stats, but I'd be happy to polish it up a bit as time allows
if anyone finds it useful.

Side note for Donald: It appears that the dataset currently contains data
for 2016-01-22 to 2016-03-06 and 2016-05-22 to current. Is there any plan
or possibility of backfilling either the 2016-03-07 to 2016-05-21 gap, or
the older data?

-Jason Antman