On 12Oct2016 0418, Robin Becker wrote:
I have a question regarding an error message I see when building an
extension for windows using the 3.6.0b2 release

C:\ux\XB33\py36_x86\lib\site-packages\wheel\pep425tags.py:77:
RuntimeWarning: Config variable 'Py_DEBUG' is unset, Pytho
n ABI tag may be incorrect
  warn=(impl == 'cp')):
C:\ux\XB33\py36_x86\lib\site-packages\wheel\pep425tags.py:81:
RuntimeWarning: Config variable 'WITH_PYMALLOC' is unset,
Python ABI tag may be incorrect
  warn=(impl == 'cp')):

is this something I need to worry about?

IIRC, these warnings have been suppressed in a newer version of pip (possibly not released yet?). They are harmless on Windows.

We do need to update the bundled version of pip in 3.6, preferably before b3, to pick up the fixes to distlib and the fix for these warnings.

Cheers,
Steve