On Thursday, December 15, 2016, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 December 2016 at 01:38, Wes Turner <wes.tur...@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 15, 2016, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >> This answer hasn't changed the last dozen times you've brought up
> >> JSON-LD. It isn't *going* to change. So please stop bringing it up.
> >

> > No, the problem is the same; and solving it (joining user-specific
> package
> > metadata with central repository metadata on a common URI) with web
> > standards is the best approach.
>
> Then do what Donald did with crate.io: go develop your own PyPI
> competitor that uses your new and better approach to prove your point.
>
> As things stand, you're just generating noise and link spam on the
> list, and asking politely for you to stop it doesn't appear to be
> working

I've intentionally included the URLs which support my position; none of
which do I have any commercial interest in. This is not link spam, this is
me explaining your problem to you in order to save time and money.

There are your:
- existing solutions that work today
- types (web standard types)
- use cases
- server load engineering challenges (web apps must cache)

Have a good day.