On Wed, Jun 28, 2017, at 06:07 PM, Daniel Holth wrote:
> Is there a prototype implementation of pep 517 yet?

- Flit has a PR with a prototype backend implementation, though it's
  not up to date with all the changes the PEP has undergone. I'll
  update it when we've agreed on a spec - it's still a fast moving
  target right now.- I have a prototype module frontends could use to call
hooks here:
  https://github.com/takluyver/pep517 . It's mostly up to date,
  except for the issue with using sdist as a fallback for copying
  files for a wheel.
Re: magic strings - like Nathaniel said, I haven't noticed them as part of any
proposal so far.
Thomas