On Thu, Apr 5, 2018, at 2:11 AM, Eric Gorr wrote:
> (c) use https://warehouse.pypa.io/api-reference/json to look for
>     distributed wheels for the target OS and python version and
>     download them directly. (This may make for a nice flag to add to
>     pip somewhere...the ability to specify what wheel one wants when
>     it isn’t for the machine pip is running on)
If it's useful, Pynsist includes some code to find and download wheels
for Windows, regardless of the platform it runs on:
https://github.com/takluyver/pynsist/blob/master/nsist/pypi.py

Pynsist is a tool to make Windows installers. The tool can also run on
Linux and Mac, but it always builds Windows installers. I didn't know
about "pip download --platform" when I wrote this - it may be redundant.