On 30 July 2018 at 23:01, David Cournapeau <courn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that there is almost no mention of private packages index in the
> packaging guide, and no recommendation on what to use.
>
> Currently googling for private packages mostly return obsolete (and not very
> practical) recommendations based on dependency links.
>
> In 2018, what would be the recommended practices for teams that develop
> private packages that depend on each other ?

That's a very good point, and I think it would be a really useful
addition to the packaging guide. I believe the most commonly
recommended approach is to use a local,devpi instance as a private
index, but in terms of development workflow around that basis, I don't
really know that there's much in the way of a consensus. (I should say
that I don't work in an environment like this myself, so my comments
are based purely on what I've heard, not on personal experience).

Paul