We don’t typically bother to make big announcements on distutils-sig for
maintainers of projects, however I’m making an exception in this case because
of the recent threads on virtualenv maintenance. The current core team of
virtualenv agrees that it is an important package, and deserves additional
maintenance, but have somewhat stepped back from it in recent times for a
variety of reasons (many ephemeral in nature).

We’ve been happy to have a number of people step forward to offer help in
maintaining the project, and after some thought and discussion, we’ve decided
to extend an invitation of a commit bit to Bernat Gabor, and I’m happy to say
that he has graciously accepted, and is now part of the team. For those
unaware, Bernat is currently a developer for the tox project, which is one of
the major consumers of virtualenv which made him a great fit for maintainership
since it gives another real world perspective (consuming virtualenv as an API,
instead of as a tool) that the current team currently lacked.

So Welcome Bernat!