Sorry that you feel such hostility toward the PyPA, they are certainly not
responsible for my actions;

> explaining why I don't think all new innovation should go into pipenv

Nobody is advocating this position

> I am trying to contribute my thoughts back to the discussion which only is of
> peripherally concerned about pipenv, but is about the future of pip/package
> installation

The thread in question is a direct dialog about how we can work together on
joint projects at this point, which does include pipenv and pip and several
other tools; hopefully we will be able to break this down into a coherent list
of other useful smaller utilities which could be consumed.

Unfortunately this is a mailing list and the discussion is likely to continue
so there is a high probability that my name will show up in your inbox

Dan Ryan