In the tutorial “DITA for the impatient”, when the text mentions the name of an element, and if that element name was marked up as <xmlelement>elementFoo</xmlelement> in the DITA source, the output includes the < > characters:

    <elementFoo>

This is, as well, how the same elements look in the semantic view of XMLmind XML editor. And so, it is not a surprise that, for the heading “The topic element”, the published output includes the < > characters:

    3. The <topic> element

See http://www.xmlmind.com/tutorials/DITA/index.html#topic_element

A nice touch. However, when I convert the source code at http://www.xmlmind.com/tutorials/DITA/src/tutorial-book.ditamap using XMLeditor to HTML, the element names are published without the < >. Thus, I get this output:

    3. The topic element

Question: Is this published output supposed to be the default output for file names? (Meaning: There is an error in my copy of ditac/XMLmind XML Editor.) Or has the tutorial been published with an augmented output configuration?
--
leif halvard silli