Hi Hussein

Thank you for your answer. That's the way, I normally use links 😉

You wrote, that you don't understand how this feature could be used.
So I will try, to give you an example, based on my concrete use case.

As a software tester, I am writing the release notes for our product.
These release notes are wrote in one topic, grouped by categories. for each
category, there's a section.
As there are many categories, also with many release notes, the topic is very
long (much text).
In the ditamap I would like to set links directly to the sections.

In my opinion, this would have the following advantage.
I can scroll in the full document (topic) and navigate via the links at the
left (toc).
I know, the DITA Standard doesn't allow links from a ditamap directly to
sections, but this would be a nice feature for me ;-)

Another use case is the following:
My ditamap contains topicrefs (as normal) and one or more links to our
knowledge base, which are external html- or pdf-files.
If I place this links in a separate topic, this works. But the users have to
navigate to this topic and then klick on the link in the topic (at the right
from the navigation).
Some users don't understand, why they must klick more than once ;-)

So, that was my use cases. Maybe, this would be an inspiration for the feature.

I have found the following solution for me:
In the ditamap I place topicheads (alone, representing my external links).
After I converted the ditamap, I edit the wh.js in an editor.
Works also fine, but is a little more work ;-)

Best regards
Martin