Hi Diversity Working Group,

I'm writing on behalf of the UK Local Chapter (OSMUK). Regarding the OSM
Foundation Diversity Statement, we asked our members whether they supported the
statement and to provide any anonymous feedback which we could pass on to the
working group.

The result was a broad level of support, with a few points, which I am passing
to you here:

>  I don't personally understand the problems yet and would love to find out,
> and increase the size and breadth of the community.

>  I support this as it is, on the basis that any pro-diversity statement is
> better than none, but I think it's missing some important points. It says
> that OSM wants a more diverse community but not why! And it also fails to say
> clearly that diversity is good, and that discrimination is also bad.
> I would suggest, for example, adding a new sentence between the second and
> third sentences like "We believe that the greater the diversity in our
> community, the better OpenStreetMap will be.”

>  It's a sad comment on life today that this is even necessary. Also a policy
> statement is merely a set of fine words which will remain empty without an
> action plan and without an enforcement procedure.

>  I also agree with the comment about adding a sentence explaining why.

Best,

Adam