On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 21:45, Adina Bogert-O'Brien <o...@adina.ca> wrote:
> Mateus, this is something some clinics/doctors officially do though, so
> it would be verifiable. It's not like saying, "we won't belittle you"
> or "our food is yummy." It's a clear clinic policy around what criteria
> you need to fulfill in order for them to treat you. It's more
> comparable to indicating the kind of therapy a therapist offers
> (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy vs. psychoanalysis for example), what
> insurance is accepted (private or public), or that an organization
> offers services to a certain group of people (women, youth, LGBTQ*,
> undocumented people, etc.).

Yep.

> Rory, I like your first suggestion,
> healthcare:trans:informed_consent=yes/no, but I need to caveat that
> with the statement that I am far from an expert on tagging or informed
> consent ;)

> It seems that the question of informed consent doesn't just cover hrt,
> it covers surgeries and possibly other treatments I think? Is that also
> your understanding?

yeah, that's what I think. Healthcare laws vary by country, so things like
voice therapy might be included too?

> Initially I was thinking it would make a lot of
> sense to include the specific therapy covered by informed consent, but
> maybe that's redundant since if you treat based on informed consent,
> that seems like it would cover all aspects of care provided to trans
> folks - but it would be good to confirm that as well.

I _presume_ so... but good point. Thankfully OSM tags can be generic like this,
so we can just add "some informed consent"

> And the other
> tagging (eg: trans*:hrt=yes, or healthcare:specialty:endocrinology, or
> maybe healthcare:specialty:surgery?) would tell you what other types of
> service they offer?

Yes, adding extra tags for what type of healthcare services are available can
be done. But that's always been the case, even without informed consent
tagging. I think this is an area which OSM is weak on (right?)

BTW, for those that use Telegram, there's a RainbOSM group:
https://www.t.me/RainbOSM