capall wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am interested in a building a 8-10 multi zone audio system and one of
> the ways I was thinking about is with sounds cards, preferably with
> multi-output cards, maybe 2 delta1010LT or 7.1 surround cards.
> requirements;
>
> -8-10 zones, with audio synced
> -single source initially is fine
> -sources are my own flac or mp3 files, and if possibly spotify or
> rhapsody
> -be able to use a phone or tablet to control music, such as ipeng
>
> has anyone got this to work with either PCI cards or usb cards,
>
> Thanks

hiya,

i've built a 4-way system using a 7.1 onboard realtek soundcard, built
into my dell vostro 400. works like a charm, and all zones are able to
sync. i assume this could be scaled up to a delta 10/10 or similar, so
long as squeezeslave can see all the outputs distinctly.i use a custom
asound.conf to split my 7.1 onboard into 4 stereo pairs.

any questions, just ask.