Hi again,

here is another video that I think should be inspiring for how django
CMS should work:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=351Da7Qx0IQ (Odoo Website Builder - Tour)

Don't get me wrong! I'm not a super-big fan of Odoo. But what they get
right is what they probably have copied from existing website builders
that have proven to be sufficiently end-user friendly (e.g. Weebly and
stuff).

- They have everything visible, nothing hidden.
- They have a toolbar of elements you can add at the left.
- There is no structure mode (or, at least, you're not forced to use
it to add content). WYSIWYG front-end editing over everything!
- No double-clicking to change content! It all works like a breeze.
Just point and click, change and leave.

In fact, I would have loved if Odoo told us: "We have made this all
using django CMS! And it's awesome."

What do you think? Could django CMS work like this (plus a few
"professional-grade"  addons, structure control layer, etc. maybe) one
day?

Peter

--
Message URL: