Hi Angelo,

I may have misunderstood the roadmap for core addons
<https://www.django-cms.org/en/blog/2017/02/01/core-addons/>:

Deprecated addons
> Some older plugins that you may have encountered are now deprecated and we
> advise against incorporating them into new projects.
> These are:
>
>    - cmsplugin filer <https://github.com/divio/cmsplugin-filer>
>

>    - Aldryn Style <https://github.com/aldryn/aldryn-style>
>

>    - Aldryn Locations <https://github.com/aldryn/aldryn-locations>
>

>    - Aldryn Snippet <https://github.com/aldryn/aldryn-snippet>
>
> We'll be developing migration paths to help users who have these installed
> in their projects move to newer, official core addons that provide the same
> functionality.

I thought that meant *Divio* made the decision to deprecate cmsplugin-filer
and would be developing migration paths. I haven't seen any discussion on
this list regarding this change, the blog is the only source of details
I've seen. It looks like cmsplugin-filer development stopped last fall, but
the README has not been updated to warn people away from using it in new
projects so it's not clear if it is 'officially' deprecated or not.

Are there any known upcoming changes in django-cms that will break
compatibility with cmsplugin-filer? Will pull requests/issues for
cmsplugin-filer be ignored going forward? Are the new favored plugins
production ready? A quick glance at the djangocms-picture README suggests
that beyond needing to do some sort of data migration, users would
potentially need to also update templates, settings, etc. Any other known
hurdles that will need to be addressed when paving the migration path?

Happy to help test any proposed migration path of course!

Thanks,
John-Scott

--
Message URL: