I have updated the patch on this ticket (http://code.djangoproject.com/
ticket/5034) that SmileyChris wrote a while back. I ensured that the
new patch works against rev:11590.

In talking to SmileyChris about this on the IRC channels he noticed
that not clearing the _urlconfs dict after each request could cause a
memory leak. I added a finally statement in
handlers.base.BaseHandler.get_response which will ensure that urlconf
gets reset after each requets/response.

I'm not sure what to do from here, it would be nice if some of the
core could chime in on this. It doesn't change to much with how stuff
works currently. Although we would probably have to take the warning
out until 1.3.